[Samba] Samba Share of NFS filesystem

Ulrich Bernhard ulrich.bernhard at id.unizh.ch
Wed Oct 26 07:41:03 GMT 2005

We have a samba share which is a NFS mounted filesystem with user quota.
The samba server runs SuSE 9.2, the samba version is 3.0.20b. The
filesystem is nfs mounted from a NetApp fileserver.

If a user on a windows (xp or 2k) client copies some files onto his
samba share and needs more space than the quota allows, the copy
operation ends without any error message! As I have seen in the samba
server log, the server sends the error code 'NT_STATUS_DISK_FULL' during
the close operation but it seems that windows is ignoring this error.

Is that a bug in our samba configuration or in the windows?

Thanks for any help or hint
Ulrich

  | Ulrich Bernhard                                           |
  | Informatikdienste      Tel: (+41-44) 635 67 73            |
  | Universitaet Zuerich   Fax: (+41-44) 635 45 05            |
  | Winterthurerstr. 190                                      |
  | CH-8057 Zuerich        Email: ulrich.bernhard at id.unizh.ch |
  | Switzerland                                               |