[Samba] denying invalid users to log into win98

Petr Šplíchal psssssss at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 16:58:34 GMT 2005

hello,

i have a small network with samba 3.0.14 and win98 -- just sharing
homes and two more directories to windows clients

security = user
encrypt passwords = no

it works like this:
known user with valid password logs in -> shares are available
unknown user or invalid password -> user logs in but shares doesn't
work

is there any way to prevent invalid user even to log into the system?

i tried "domain logons = yes" but this only tells me, that no server
has accepted my password -- but opens the session to anyone (e.g. new
user)

thanx a lot!
psss...