[Samba] sambaLogonHours and timezones

David Wilson dave at dcdata.co.za
Tue Oct 25 05:53:37 GMT 2005

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your reply.

Sound like what you've said is correct.

Could it not be that the values being stored are in GMT and that's why my
clients (Windows XP) who are in the SAST timezone (GMT+2) cannot log on two
hours before they would normally not be able to ?

My Samba server and all clients are all set in the same timezone. (SAST).

Perhaps it's the NT User Manager running on XP that is perhaps not picking
up the correct timezone of the XP desktop when we set the logon hours ?
Perhaps the NT User Manager believes it's in GMT ?

A shot in the dark ? :)

Kind regards

David Wilson
CNS, CLS, Linux+