[Samba] same sambaSID

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 19:50:54 GMT 2005

Hi,

samba 3.14 with ldapsam, working fine.

I tried this usrmngr.exe thingie because one of our admins is very
gui-oriented, wanted to see if it worked fine.

For most users, it is. I can change details, logon hours, groups, passwords.
But for 3 of them I get this message:

ldapsam_getsampwsid: More than one user with SID
[S-1-5-21-3707708495-1570892323-1667890705-3076]. Failing. count=3

I check in a dump of the ldap database, and indeed, they do have the same
sid. To my knowledg they were added with the smbldap-tools which work fine,
in fact I just tested it, new user, different sid.

How can i fix this? Removing the users and recreating them?

Thanks in advance.