[Samba] 3.0.20b and Heimdal

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Mon Oct 24 19:35:41 GMT 2005

Stupid question:

Has anyone been able to get Heimdal 0.7.1 with Samba 3.0.20b to compile successfully without commenting out the __cplusplus stuff in include/includes.h? If I comment it out, it's fine on FC3. The Heimdal people are using "private" as a structure member name, so I know it's a Heimdal problem :-).

Also, should one be using Heimdal or MIT krb for use in 3.x? I see much talk of Heimdal in Samba 4 and wondering where I should be concentraing my education now and in the future. :-)

Cheers,

Bill