[Samba] Windows interacting with SAMBA share

Kevin Bailey kbailey at freewayprojects.com
Sat Oct 22 16:32:05 GMT 2005

not sure if this is help or not but you may find this is a limitation of
windows.

when i came across this issue i solved it by breaking down the >2GB file.

it was a tarred/gzipped backup of the /home directory - i wrote a script
which looped through the directories inside the home directory and
zipped up the individual directories.

the nice extra on this is that the user can more easily retreive an
archive version of a file.

HTH,

kevin