[Samba] NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION - roaming profiles not working?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Oct 21 16:16:11 GMT 2005

Recently I installed Windows 2000 on some amount of older PCs (200 MHz
CPU etc.).

After the installation is complete I always make a "test" login with one
  and the same user.

Several times, when I login to a newly installed workstation (first or
second login), Windows says that my profile is not accessible, and that
I should contact my Administrator. Since I'm the administrator, I'm
asking here :)

In Samba logs I can see NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION.

Next time I login with that user, I either have
"NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION", or don't have it at all, or the problem
exists until I reboot the workstation.

Anyone know how to explain it?

I use Samba 3.0.14a.

--