[Samba] Could not get RealPath CORDAF/*

stephane.purnelle at corman.be stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Fri Oct 21 14:22:08 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a strange problem :

some users cannot acces to diretcory, the message is "access denied".
The ACL is correct

# file: rsrv/vol2/data1/groupes/CORDAF
# owner: root
# group: Utilisateurs
user::rwx
user:mro:r-x
user:sad:r-x
group::---
group:administrateurs:rwx
group:daf:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:mro:r-x
default:user:sad:r-x
default:group::---
default:group:administrateurs:rwx
default:group:daf:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

The user lge is member of group daf, but cannot acces to to directory.
In log I find Could not get RealPath CORDAF/*

But if I add the user directly to the ACL, no problem

Maybe is caused by the update to last service pack on the  laptop, because
a other people which is also member of group daf can acces correctly.

can anyone have problem with last service pack ?

Configuration :
samba 3.0.20b
ldap backend
ldap:trusted=yes
privileges enabled.

file is on a XFS partition.

Stéphane PURNELLE                         stephane.purnelle at corman.be
Service Informatique       Corman S.A.           Tel : 00 32 087/342467