[Samba] POLEDIT replacement?

Ilia Chipitsine ilia at paramon.ru
Fri Oct 21 11:28:28 GMT 2005

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 08:15:30AM +0200, robert.walland at r-kb.si wrote:
>> You can do everything you want with the poledit, but you must create the
>> .pol file file by yourself. There is a tool named Policy Template Editor,
>> which allows you to create any policy setting  you want, if you know how
>> to use the win registry.
>
> Can I create even some policies found only on local group policy editor in w2k
> pro?

if You mean LGPO (running gpedit.msc from command line) - no, You can't,
that's for AD only. they will work for You from gpedit.msc, but only
locally

if You mean several ADM files which can be found on Windows XP Pro for
instance, look inside them, some of them will work only for AD (it's
written inside ADMs)