[Samba] high cpu load with 3.0.20b (not using ldap)

Sebastian Held sebastian.held at gmx.de
Fri Oct 21 06:26:46 GMT 2005

Am Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2005 16:49 schrieben Sie:
> Looks like and issue in the nscd client request.  The getpwnam() lookup
> is happening because a client is trying to connect to
> \\server\colorlaser5quota and you have a [homes] section.
>
> Does this help you out?

Thanks for your very fast response! For now I've shut down nscd, lets have
look if that helps...
I'm wondering why samba searches for a home dir, but client requests a printer
service? Is this intended?
May be I add the printer section again and disable it.

Thanks again,
S. Held