[Samba] smbd processes 99% cpu and end-user locks up (*new gdb/info)

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Thu Oct 20 12:58:16 GMT 2005

Came in this morning, and all authentication seemed broken, rolled back to using
the other ldap server and all seems fine now, except I managed to get another
lockup, this time differing in the output of gdb. I have attached two files,
'asmyrnis' (username/session) - when locked up using openldap-2.2.7 librairies,
and the second 'asmyrnis.2' - the same user apparently locked up now using
openldap-2.2.9 (first occurence since switching from 2.2.7, and only thus far).

Don't know if it was perhaps a flouqe while I was changing ldap servers or not,
but odd nonetheless that it crapped out so figured I'd pass on the output to
those more intimate with what's going on inside smbd than me. Now this machine
is referencing the ldap tree our other servers are running from and all seems
fine, but I haven't really had a chance to leave it run under load and see if
any users complain/lock-up... will post again if future lockups peprsist, for
now this is the only one since rolling over the system ldap librairies to
openldap-2.2.9.

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com