[Samba] Is it possible to access Samba domain member server in a AD domain from outside this domain?

=?gb2312?B?TGl1LCBIb25nIFF1YW4gwfW67Miq?= liuhongquan at nwbsc.com
Thu Oct 20 09:59:17 GMT 2005

Dear all,

I configured a Samba Server which joins a AD domain to act as a domain =
member server (that is the user authentication is validated

by AD ).It works fine when the domain users access it.=20

The Samba version is 3.0.20 on FreeBSD 5.4 and the smb.conf (global =
section)as following.

My question is that if I choose logon by this computer (not logon =
domain) from a windows client, I cann=A1=AFt access this samba server =
because of no permissions, (also no user authentication dialog box =
prompt)

Is it possible on this version to do such a kind of samba server access?

(for example, it will prompt entering the username/password, after =
validation success, the user can access this samba=A1=AFs services)

Who has such experience and can give me some advice or clue?

Thank you in advance!

=20

The following is my global section in smb.conf:

[global]

        workgroup =3D NWBSC

        netbios name =3D NW-BSDFS01

        realm =3D NWBSC.COM