[Samba] Re: Help with connection reset by peer

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Oct 19 21:01:08 GMT 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 03:52:51PM -0500, Steve wrote:

> So, on XP, I take it you are referring to
>
> "Client for Microsoft Networks", correct? You are suggesting the problem
> lies with this client, which is used with non Samba servers (native
> Windoze servers) just fine. Any tips as to how to solve that then?
> Tunings, etc.?

Yep. Now, if it works over the same wireless interface to Windows
server correctly, but not Samba ones then I'd suggest doing monitoring
using a packet sniffer like ethereal and capture the long term traffic
between the Windows client -> Windows server and Windows client -> Samba
server and we'll take a look at the differences. Note when the client
reports "connection lost".

Jeremy.