[Samba] Help with connection reset by peer

Steve news649 at powersystemsdirect.com
Wed Oct 19 19:33:37 GMT 2005

Got a wireless A network. 1 client is connected to a wireless access
point, which is running WPA-PSK (TKIP)

Several times each day, client Windows XP machine loses connection, on
the Samba server, log file only shows:

[2005/10/19 14:00:53, 0] lib/util_sock.c:read_socket_data(384)
   read_socket_data: recv failure for 4. Error = Connection reset by peer

Other than Samba, which client pc is connected to 8 hours a day, client
pc has no trouble with web browsing, email, etc. only Samba.

Wired, this does not happen obviously, but, no good way for that machine
to be wired.

Used to run Wireless G, there are more than 20 networks in our area,
and, we could never get anywhere with G, so, have been using A with
great signal strength for quite some time now. It's just this annoyance.

Is there any tunable settings that might prevent these disconnects on
the Samba end?

Anyone have thoughts on the PC or access point end?

Steve