[Samba] err: Client not found in Kerberos Database

Lars debs at utysket.dk
Wed Oct 19 09:13:56 GMT 2005

Hi

My overall project is to get a Debian Sarge mail/samba-server to connect
with a Windows server 2003, but i'm having problem with the kerberos/LPAD
connection. I started uot with this guide:
http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netos/article.php/3487081 And i
got all the components (Have_KRB5_H and etc.), but no connection..

If i test the conn with:
kinit administrator at DOM.NET
kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial
credentials

And if i test with:
kinit administrator at dom.net
kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while
getting initial credentials

So in general I'm having trouble defining what is what and what to
install.  When typing my "Kerberos server" in the conf i put in the
windows-server, but should that be the linuxserver? And have much should i
install on the linuxserver to make it into a "kerberos server". I already
got these.
libpam-krb5 krb5-user krb5-doc krb5-config krb5-kdc libkrb53

----- krb5.conf -----------
[libdefaults]
default_realm = DOM.NET

[realms]
DOM.NET = {
        kdc = WINDOWSSERVER.DOM.NET
        }

[domain_realms]
        .kerberos.server = DOM.NET

Hope anyone can guide me through this...

/Lars