[Samba] [Solved] Re: Win XP SP2 and Offline Files

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Wed Oct 19 08:09:47 GMT 2005

Hi,

Thanks for your messages, but i avoid (if possible) upgrade of rpms if
this machine is covered by Redhat for the support ...
Anyway, it seems i forgot to put the following parameters in the
smb.conf file :

inherit permissions = yes
inherit acls = yes
nt acl support = yes

These 3 parameters solved my 'access denied' message when a laptop tried
to synchronize this folder after the user created a new file when
offline ... (I supposed this was due to the fact that Windows tries
firts to create the file, and put acls on it after ...)