[Samba] hostname.mac file and some .tdb files not getting created

Sapna Alva salva at audible.com
Wed Oct 19 00:49:34 GMT 2005

Hello All,

I have a problem with my newly installed Samba server. (3.0.14a)

Whenever a Windows client reboots and tries to connect to the printer
(hosted on the Samba server), it hangs for a while and then responds after
few minutes. After this it works fine throughout until the next reboot.
Any clues as to why this problem occurs? It could be something with the fine
tuning of the samba server.

Can anyone help me with some inputs on this and also another issue which I
had posted few days back that the files "sessionid.tdb" and
"connections.tdb" are not getting created.

My connection to the samba server gets through without any problem.

I also dont have the <hostname>.mac file created too in the samba private
folder. I am not sure if this is a real issue, or this feature is removed
from 3.0.14a

The SECURITY is set to "server" in the smb.conf and the password server is a
NT Domain Controller.

Thanks in advance!!
Sapna