[Samba] Domain cannot be contacted

Matt Pruett entelin at logicaldreams.net
Mon Oct 17 18:45:39 GMT 2005

I have setup two samba domain controllers, both have basicly the same
configs and use the same ldap database backend. Often however when
logging in users will get a "domain cannot be contacted" error,
attempting to login multiple times will eventually get them in and it
will work fine from then on.

The question is, is there anything else I really need to do to make this
work correctly? Why would this error be occuring only some of the time?
I can generally join the domain fine, and browse / access the shares on
both servers. So I am wondering if I missed something, like something I
need to add to the config so the two servers know they are both DC's?
The goal is to be able to at least log in with only one of the two up.

And suggested reading on this subject? any ideas?

Thanks :)

--
Matt Pruett <entelin at logicaldreams.net>