[Samba] Samba 3.0.20b - still getting "Winbind Dead but subsys locked"

Sanjay Upadhyay glowfriend at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 13:30:19 GMT 2005

Hi PC,
I am encountering the same problem, with 3.0.14a, 3.0.20a and 3.0.20b
in RH ES 4.0 32 bit. All the samba RPMS were downloaded fro
enterprisesamba.org.

Guys is it a bug or there is some changes required ?

regards
+++ PC [Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 02:39:26AM +0000]:
> I can remove the /var/locl/subsys/winbindd file to clear the subsys locked
> message but this does not chnage the winbind crash problem.
>
> I originally noticed this problem on 20a and thought that 20b had a fix for
> the winbind crash.
>
> Any clues?
>
> I am running RH ES 4.0 64 bit with samba packages downlaoded from
> enterprisesamba.com.
>
> PC
>
> --

World War Three can be averted by adherence to a strictly enforced
dress code!