[Samba] Problem with groups NT4 PDC - Samba Member Server

Philip Washington phwashington at comcast.net
Mon Oct 17 07:17:40 GMT 2005

I have 2 different shares one with
[Share1]
          valid users = @"DOMAINA+Domain Users"

[Share2]
          valid users = @"DOMAINA+SpecialGroup"

Members of the latter group cannot access Share2. No one can.

#getent group |grep Special
DOMAINA+SpecialGroup:x:10001:DOMAINA+User1,DOMAINA+User2,DOMAINA+User3
#wbinfo -g |grep Special
DOMAINA+SpecialGroup

I changed the shares properties after testing this a couple of times
back to having each user in the group
[Share2]
        valid user = DOMAINA+User1 DOMAINA+User2

this works and everything else seems to be working.  Shouldn't the test
with @"DOMAINA+SpecialGroup" have worked?
I was a little concerned because whenever I do testparm I get
'winbind separator = +' might cause problems with group membership
and was wondering if this might be the problem.  Should I use a
different seperator.