[Samba] Cannot copy filename: The specified network name is no longer available

Chris CBuckberry at cox.net
Mon Oct 17 00:28:49 GMT 2005

I have recently set up a samba to act as a domain controller.  At first
glance the setup seems to work fine however when I try to move large files
(800 meg+) from my desktop to the server I receive the following error after
about one minute: "the specified network name is no longer available". I can
copy/open/write and files size smaller than about 800mb.  I have ensured
that the Suse firewall2 and WindowsXP firewall are turned off.

Router Specs:
    Netgear WiFi /w 4 Wired Cat5 ports
    Firewall Status: On (Tried off as well)
Server Specs:
    Suse 9.1 Pro Linux
    RAID 5 Controller (560 GB available to the network to store files)
    Samba 3.0.20b
    Domain Controller
    Firewall status: off
Desktop Specs:
    Windows XP Pro
    Connecting to Domain is Successful
    Fiewall status: off
    Can copy/read and write files smaller than 800 mb

Samba conf file:
[global]
   netbios name = borg-queen
   workgroup = THE_BORG
   server string = Borg Server
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
   dead time = 15

 #Browsing Options
   os level = 65
   preferred master = yes
   domain master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   logon home = \\%N\%U <file:///\\%25N\%25U>
   logon path = \\%N\%U <file:///\\%25N\%25U>
   logon drive = H:

 #Security Options
   security = user
   hosts allow = 192.168.0.

 #Debug logging information
   log level = 3
   log file = /var/log/samba.log.%m
   maxlog size = 50

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   valid users = borg-queen, %S

   read only = no
   browseable = no

[netlogon]
   comment = The domain logon service
   path = /home/borg-queen/netlogon/
   public = no
   browseable = no

[profiles]
   comment = User profiles
   path = /home/borg-queen/profiles
   create mask = 0600
   directory mask = 07000
   read only = no
   profile acls = yes

[borgfiles]
   valid users = dominator, belladonna, mobile-dom, phone-dom, borg-queen
   comment = All Borg Files
   path = /home/borg-queen/borg-files/
   read only = no