[Samba] Roaming Profiles & oplocks problems

Rob Mason rob at cissp.org.uk
Sun Oct 16 21:58:17 GMT 2005

On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 02:40:58PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 09:37:25PM +0100, Rob Mason wrote:
>
> > Thanks.  This was one of the first things I went for a few days ago, but
> > am unable to see any connectivity or name resolution problems on my
> > LAN???
> >
> > All the boxes are able to ping each other, and my admin station is able
> > to work with shared printers and files without any probs (not using
> > roaming profiles)...
> >
> > Is the oplock problem definitely indicative of network failure???
>
> Yes. Check driver versions on Windows, network cabling and hardware
> hubs/switches.
>
> Jeremy.

I'll try isolating the PDC and client using a cross-over cable - I'll
let you know how I get on.

One quick question - I have a gut feeling that there could be
a permission problem.  What are the defintive perms on the [profiles]
directory and user directory within [profiles]?  For the life of me I
can't find this info in the FAQ...

Rgds

Rob