[Samba] "Wbinfo -u" get user account sucessfully but "getent passwd" fails

Steve Zeng steve.zeng at ascalade.com
Fri Oct 14 18:13:37 GMT 2005

It is really easy but I am an idiot :-) Thanks.

I run it and actually it only shows me the username as follows:

# wbinfo -u | grep jho
jho

NOTE: (jho is the user which is missing from "getent passwd")

# wbinfo -u | grep szeng
szeng

NOTE: szeng is a regualar user which is fine

It seems no difference. Any idea?

Steve Zeng