[Samba] excessive lpstat calls

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Oct 14 16:07:14 GMT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Andrew Morgan wrote:

> |> |

> |> You just just send me a level 10 smbd debug log of the lpstat
> |> issue?  I think I can figure it out pretty quickly.....
> |
> | Do you want the level 10 debug log with the original
> | settings, or the settings you recommended above?
>
> The original configuration where you were getting an
> excissive amount of calls to lpstat.  Btw....what version of
> Samba is this?

This is version 3.0.20 (not a, not b).

I changed the configuration back, HUP'd smbd, but I now it won't call
lpstat anymore!  I can probably restart smbd this weekend to get it going
again.

Do you have any tips for creating that level 10 debug log?  During the day
I have 300-400 smb connections, so it's a little overkill.  I can try to
capture it during a slower time.

Thanks,
 	Andy