[Samba] Initial connection to the samba server slow

Sapna Alva sapnalva at yahoo.co.in
Thu Oct 13 14:07:14 GMT 2005

Hello All,

I have another problem with my newly installed Samba server.

Whenever a Windows client reboots the computer and tries to connect to the printer (hosted on the SAmba server), it hangs for a while and then responds after few minutes. After this it works fine throughout until the next reboot.
Any clues as to why this problem occurs? It could be something with the fine tuning of the samba server.

My SECURITY is set to "server" in the smb.conf and the password server is a NT Domain Controller.

Kindly help with some inputs.

Thanks
Sapna