[Samba] deploy application on Windows Stations

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Oct 12 22:12:32 GMT 2005

Josh Kelley schrieb:
> FM wrote:
>

>>How do-you handle applications deployment  with SAMBA domain and
>>Windows XP workstations ?
>>
>>non free softwares are ok too :-)
>

> We're currently using Nitrobit (http://www.nitrobit.com/).  Although
> we've had a fair number of problems getting it set up and working, it
> lets you do full Active Directory-style Group Policies with a Samba domain.

...and the Active Directory-style Group Policies don't won't really help
to install software, unless you have it in MSI format.

So no Firefox, no Thunderbird, Flash Player etc. deployment, as they
don't have a MSI installer :)

In that case, I use WPKG for all MSI and non-MSI installers (exe etc.) -
http://wpkg.org - which works with Samba (and Active Directory too).

--
Tomek