[Samba] Downgrade from 3 to 2 suggestions

Stephen Carville effcee at heronforge.net
Wed Oct 12 17:22:16 GMT 2005

After considerable experimentation I'm forced to accept that Samba 3 has
problems with the combination of being a domain member, the 2.6 kernel,
and Dell 2850 hardware.  It works fine on the 2.4 kernels but fails on
all the 2.6 versions I have avaialble for testing.  I have one machine
that I really prefer could stay at 2.6 so my last resort there is to try
a downgrade to samba 2.X

In the past samba has always 'just worked' so I have no experience at
tuning the samba version to the kernel version.  The system I need to
downgrade is 2.6.11.  Any advice which version of samba will work on
that kernel version?

--
Stephen Carville -- polluting the ranks of skeptics since 1995.