[Samba] Samba Deletion Woes

Information (Erin Hughes) information at hugedesigns.net
Wed Oct 12 14:11:53 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I am using samba-3.0.10-1.fc2 and I HAD 2 directorys called music and
Music. I checked the contents and they were slightly diffrent, so I
deleted the older one. Turns out I deleted the wrong one.

OK the after beating me about the head with a Floppy repeatedly
screaming BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP. Can some one tell me please if there is
a way to restore my files? 11 GB of mp3s is a little hard to just start
putting the discs in again.

I read that you can configure a recycle bin in older versions of Samba
and I belive that Samba does not actually delete the files it just
removes the pointers so is it possible to restore thouse pointers.

Regards,

Erin