[Samba] help with random connection loss to server from only win98 clients

Chris Schmidt chris at unidos.com
Tue Oct 11 19:25:20 GMT 2005

I have a Suse 9.2 server, with samba 3 and about 16 users.   The share
used the most (named F for F Drive) randomly disconnects during users
sessions from win98SE clients.  There is also a WinXP PRO client, that
does not have this problem.  Only the Win98 clients.

I have looked through the group, and found some similar problems, but
with little help to get results to fix it.

I have checked the ifconfig -a on the server to see if there are any
dropped packets or errors, and there are 0.  I have not checked the client machines
to see if there is also some problem there perhaps.

What are some things I can look for?  Is there perhaps an option for some sort of timeout or
maximum users in the smb.conf file?

Thanks,

Chris