[Samba] remove rights on c:\Documents and Settings

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Oct 11 10:24:54 GMT 2005

Patrick DUBAU schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> on samba all our users are just member of  'domain user' group. This way
> gives them limted rights on local workstation, but they still have full
> rights on c:\Documents and Settings.
> Is there a way to  just give them read right on that folder ?

normally, they don't have read nor write access to any folder in
c:\Documents and Settings\ (other than the one belonging to them).

so perhaps you something went wrong when you installed the workstation?

since Samba doesn't have GPO / group policy, there is no way to change
permissions on the workstations only with Samba.

you could do it with WPKG though - http://wpkg.org - just execute a
script and change c:\Documents and Settings acls on specified workstations.