[Samba] Samba 3.0 PDC + XP + roaming profile = big, strange mistery of sorts

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Tue Oct 11 09:45:05 GMT 2005

Wel i see you have the same problem as i had.

this is my working config now :
[profiles]
        path = /home/samba/profiles
        comment = Profiel omgeving
        read only = no
        create mask = 0600
        directory mask = 0700
        browseable = Yes
        guest ok = Yes
        csc policy = disable
        # next line is a great way to secure the profiles
        force user = %U
        # next line allows administrator to access all profiles
        valid users = %U @"Domain Admins"

The /home/samba/profiles dir MUST HAVE 777 Rights. ( and
Administrator:Domain Admin in my case.)
Also check what rights there are now on the user folders.
example /home/samba/profiles/myusername has 0700 if its correct.

you can simpel fix this, first login the users on
the computers in in the domain, check if there profile is correct.

now the scary thing, remove all the user profiles, and beter MOVE THEM !!!!

now log out 1 computer, and login again, put something on the desktop
and check if it worked. I fixed 50 profiles this way on the fly
when everybody was working, and nobody notised.

Louis