[Samba] Poor performance between linux boxes using Samba 3

Roger Lucas roger at planbit.co.uk
Mon Oct 10 22:53:42 GMT 2005

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the clarification.  I had assumed that since it was the "client"
side of the connection, that smbclient was being used (indirectly) as the
program/driver/whatever that was actually doing the hard work.  If this is
actually being done by "smbfs" and smbfs is getting a bit stale, then it
explains why cifsfs is so much better.  (It is also nice that it is built
into the kernel - an unexpected pleasant surprise !  :-)

Regards,

Roger