[Samba] About the group setting in smb.conf RE: samba Digest, Vol 34, Issue

adrian sender adrian_au1 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 10 15:35:22 GMT 2005

h>From: samba-request at lists.samba.org
>To: samba at lists.samba.org
>Subject: samba Digest, Vol 34, Issue 14
>Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:05:06 +0000 (GMT)

From: Liu, Hong Quan ÁõºìȪ <liuhongquan at nwbsc.com>
To: <samba at lists.samba.org>
Subject: [Samba] About the group setting in smb.conf.
Sent: Monday, 10 October 2005 12:19:13 PM
Hi,

This is my first time to configure Samba server as a member server in AD
domain,

So, I have a question about how to configure a group name with one or more
spaces in smb.conf?

As we know, this kind of group names are very common in Windows environment.

For example, set ¡°valid users¡± parameter:

Usually , a name starting with @ is represented group,

   valid users = username, @GroupName,¡­

But if the group name includes spaces, e.g. ¡°it dept¡±, ¡°sales dept¡±,

How can I set them correctly?

(I set them as @¡±it dept¡±, but the winbind log file tells me ¡°group it
dept
in domain XXXX does not exist¡±,

But I can list this group using wbinfo ¨Cg)

Wish someone give me a advice!

>Thanks in advance!

RE: [Samba] About the group setting in smb.conf

Hello Liu,

If you have have a group such as Domain members you muse use "@group name".
You seem to be missing ""  hThis should solve your problem.

[Video]
  comment = Videos & Movies
  path = /data/Video
  writeable = no