[Samba] winbind: username without domain name

Aleksandar Stankovic Aleksandar.Stankovic at Sun.COM
Mon Oct 10 05:32:33 GMT 2005

Hi everyone,

I am trying to configure winbind from samba to achieve a single sign-on
between a windows 2003 ADS domain and Solaris 10. So far it is working
great, I have been able to join the Solaris 10 server to the ADS domain
and can login to solaris using windows usernames and passwords. My
problem is that for a user to login, they must also specify the name of
the windows domain, e.g. DOMAIN_NAME\user_name as their username.

Can I configure winbind so that users only need to specify their actual
username (without the preceding DOMAIN_NAME) and the domain name is
added for them?