[Samba] Samba.. not worth a f*** for printing

Ilia Chipitsine ilia at paramon.ru
Mon Oct 10 03:34:14 GMT 2005

> I have had it.. I have come to the butt-ugly conclusion that samba is nothing
> more than a clusterf**k for cross platform
> printing. I have been trying for 2 years to talk between my windows and linux
> printers to no avail. I am convinced now that
> despite my numerous requests from this group, even, that there isn't a sole
> who knows how to get samba printing to work.

it's open source, nobody is paid for it and people do things just for fun.
if You don't like such kind of things You can try some paid software (e.g.
Microsoft) or paid samba support.

nobody makes You choose samba.
nobody will ever regret if You abandon samba and go to Microsoft or Apple
or whatever You like.

taking that into account, You could be more polite here.

As for printing, Samba does it.