[Samba] Samba.. not worth a f*** for printing

Chris Smith christophermsmith at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 02:59:41 GMT 2005

Wow, the 1000+ users we have printing thru Samba 3.0 and up would be
surprised to hear that!
We even have "click and print" working... the load that took off of our
sysadmins (not having to set up lpr/IP printing and manually keep track of
drivers)
was definitely worth the week of tweaking Samba to get printing to work.
It's a GREAT printing solution... RTFM.