[Samba] Profiles change when migrating from NT4 to Samba PDC

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Oct 9 02:25:38 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-08 at 09:29 -0500, Philip Washington wrote:

> I was under the impression that once the PDC was transferred then USER2
> could log into the MACHINE2 and not have any indication that there was a
> difference in the platform the PDC was running on or that there had been
> a change.

This very much depends on what the values on the old PDC are and what
you have set in your new smb.conf.

You haven't told us very much about how your domain is setup, what
values you found in the replica LDAP, and in particular what you saw the
client doing in the domain logon.

In particular, is the logon path filled in, in the SamLogon reply?
(observed best with a level 10 debug).  Does the client attempt to
contact the roaming profile server?  What is your logon path set to in
NT4, and what is the value in LDAP now?  Anything else in the logs?

Andrew Bartlett