[Samba] User list

Scott Mayo sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Fri Oct 7 19:08:04 GMT 2005

John H Terpstra wrote:
> On Friday 07 October 2005 12:47, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
>
>>John H Terpstra wrote:

>>>Update to a more recent version of nss_ldap. It is available from
>>>http://www.padl.com.
>>
>>John,
>>
>>Just out of curiousity, what in this post make you think that
>>an update nss_ldap would solve the problem?  Have you experienced
>>this bug ?   Just curious.
>

> I helped Scott with his set up originally. The version of nss_ldap I pointed
> Scott at has a bug that is fixed in later release. It causes the exact
> symptoms he reported. I have had to update to nss_ldap 242 in a number of
> sites to fix this same problem.
>
> - John T.
>

>>Off hand I would probably be more apt to point at a corrupted
>>index in the slapd database.

Actually after posting this question earlier in the morning, Pierre sent
the fix to me within a few minutes.  The following line in the
slapd.conf file took care of my problems.

sizelimit -1

I will also do an update though.

--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.