[Samba] samba support for local profiles

Cybionet cybionet at videotron.ca
Fri Oct 7 00:01:56 GMT 2005

Milo a écrit :

>Hi, I tried searching the list and could not find a straight answer.
>
>Does samba support local profiles?
>How does one enable/setup local profiles?
>What version of samba has best support for local profiles?
>
>We are having trouble with a novell->samba migration and would like to use
>local profiles if possible. It would take alot of work off our hands to
>migrate the profiles correctly.
>
>Any suggestions are appreciated,
>
>Milan Andric

Greeting Milan Andric,

  Yes Samba support local profile. For using local profile with Samba 3,
be sure to not have set /SambaProfilePath /and /sambaHomePath/ in
/global/ section/. /To not have trouble with Windows professional client
2000/XP (I don't have try local profile with 9x clients), open /MMC /and
add the snap-in /Group Policy/.

Browse in /Local Computer Policy/ / /Computer Configuration/ /
Administrative Template / /System // /Login
and change //Only allow local user profiles/ value. For Windows 2000,
you need SP3 and more install.

And run /secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy (W2K) or //gpupdate (XP)./

                                                    Robert