[Samba] Re: SAMBA/PDC + LDAP HELP please?

Ryan Taylor rtaylor82 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 15:55:51 GMT 2005

Ok, I figured it out!! Thank you for the help and for others the change was
in /etc/ldap.conf and I had:
rootbinddn = cn=root,ou=???,dc=beefylinux,dc=com
i removed the ou=group after root and changed "rootbinddn" to just "binddn"
and that did it..

Everything works great except for the profiles which the windows machine
doesn't seem to know about
%L variable. I imagine this is because I am on Samba 3.0.10 not 3.0.20a so
maybe its a new variable...

Anyway, just wanted to say Thank you to everyone for the help. The microsoft
rep. assigned to out company
is not going to be happy next week when time to renew!! ha, i love it.

--Ryan Taylor
rtaylor82 at gmail.com
Micro Consultants