[Samba] Samba Problem

Gruener, Hannes Hannes at gruener.eu.org
Thu Oct 6 16:15:00 GMT 2005

Hallo my name is Hannes Grüner.

I have some problem with the samba server and don't know is it possible to help me.

I'm use the Samba Version 3.0.14a and authenticate this over Kerberos to a windows 2003 domain. This works fine because I have some Problems with the folder permissions:

I'm using an server with is connected with USB 2.0 to an external storage. If change the owner permissions to a domain user it works fine but when I change the group permissions to a domain group it doesn't work.

When I make this on the local disk everything works.

Is there some Problems witch authentication over USB 2.0?

If you can help me Thanks

Very much

Hannes Grüner