[Samba] what's the best filesystem

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Oct 6 20:32:14 GMT 2005

hi @ll,
last time i tested xfs on suse 9 i cant get
acl to work...this maybe fixed in suse 10
from the pure paper xfs reads itself as the best solution, but
whatever ext3 has the biggest compatility.
I agree for problems on big file server with reiser.
In case of "heavy" failures on reiser, its nearly impossible to fix it.
Regards
Christopher Smith schrieb:
| I vote for XFS, it is much faster than EXT3 with lower processor load when
| you get up over 100gigs of storage. I've had some stability issues with
| software RAID5 though.

Behalf
| Of Deryck Hodge
| Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 1:12 PM
| To: Eric A. Hall
| Cc: samba at lists.samba.org
| Subject: Re: [Samba] what's the best filesystem
|
| Eric A. Hall wrote:
|
|>>I'm using Reiser now but its slow and doesn't work good XP attributes.
|>>I've also used XFS (a couple of years ago) and liked it but had some
|>>troubles with cross-platform Unix and the extended ACLs.
|>>

| As a wise man once said to me -- Reiser eats files.  I had to learn
the hard
| way.  Don't make the same mistake I did. :-)
|
| Cheers,
| deryck
| --
| Deryck Hodge                            http://www.devurandom.org/
| Samba Team                              http://www.samba.org/
| "This is the 21st century ... Magic isn't dead." --Marillion (2001)
- --

- --
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best Regards