[Samba] Re: Trying to add machine accounts on the fly

Juha Pietikäinen juha.pietikainen at connet.net
Thu Oct 6 05:53:41 GMT 2005

Hi,

try to add these scripts in your smb.conf file:

add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m %u
delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G %g %u
delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/userdel %g %u
set primary group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -g '%g' '%u'
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 501 -s /bin/false -M
%u

Your "add user script" is actually "add machine script" so change it like
above example shows.

These work at least with usrmgr.exe in my Win XP Pro and samba-3.0.20a
(Fedora Core 1) server .

Juha Pietikäinen