[Samba] ntlm_auth and PEAP machine authentication

Matthew Alexander mra4d at virginia.edu
Thu Oct 6 02:12:00 GMT 2005

Mike McCauley of OSC/Radiator provided me with this "quick and dirty fix":

in samba/source/rpc_client/cli_netlogon.c,
cli_netlogon_sam_network_logon() function
the param_ctrl flags passed to init_id_info2() are always set to 0 but
should be set to 0x800 (MSV1_0_ALLOW_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT)
to enable machine authentication.

Although kind of a shortcut, it works great if you need machine auth.  Maybe
it can help someone else?

Thanks,
Matt