[Samba] what's the best filesystem

mourik jan c heupink heupink at intech.unu.edu
Tue Oct 4 23:17:47 GMT 2005

> I vote for XFS, it is much faster than EXT3 with lower processor load when
> you get up over 100gigs of storage. I've had some stability issues with
> software RAID5 though.

Vote for xfs as well. Had some corruption that turned out to be faulty
hardware. (IBM replaced pretty much the complete inside of my server)

I like xfs, specially with quota. (and using acl's here as well)

with xfs you never have to run the check_quota (or whatever the command
is...) This makes a rebooting after a crash *much* faster.

mj