[Samba] rpcclient 'setdriver' problem

manic720 at netscape.net manic720 at netscape.net
Tue Oct 4 20:55:34 GMT 2005

Hello,
I'm new to Samba but I believe I have followed the example pages and
posts to the point where I'm stumped.  I'm trying to setup a print
server that acts as a raw print spooler to a few network printers I
have for Windows machines.  I twould be nice to have the Samba server
provide the print drivers for the windows boxes when they browse the
neighborhood for the device.   I have CUPS and Samba installed
correctly, and can print via IPP from a windows box.  I can see the
file and print shares and the Samba server from a windows box.  From
rpcclient, I have installed the print driver for the printer using the
'adddriver' command.  I can see my printers in 'enumprinters', and can
see the driver from 'enumdrivers'.  The problem is when I go try the
'setdriver' command.  It fails with a "WERR_ACCESS_DENIED".  I've
looked at the debug from this command but nothing pops out at me.  Any
advice would be appreciated.  I have verified that the 'use client
driver = no' is set in the smb.conf thinking that might be an issue.
I'm logged in under rpcclient as root so I'm not what access it's
referring too.

Thanks
Jeremie
Look What The New Netscape.com Can Do!
Now you can preview dozens of stories and have the ones you select
delivered to you without ever leaving the Top Home Page. And the new
Tool Box gives you one click access to local Movie times, Maps, White
Pages and more.  See for yourself at
http://netcenter.netscape.com/netcenter/