[Samba] Can' t delete printjobs spooled in cups

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Tue Oct 4 14:07:05 GMT 2005

Andreas Grabner wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>I'd say this is a CUPS configuration problem, not a Samba issue. Look
>>into your CUPS config files in /etc/cups. I'd check cuspd.conf to make
>>sure you have set up both your account and your workstation to
>>administer CUPS.
>>

>You are right! lppasswd -a ...  solves the problem. Thanks a lot!
>
>Off topic: have you got some docs how to configure cups to authenticate
>against ldap?
>
>Thanks a lot
>
>Andreas Grabner

There was another gentleman on this list a week or so back who was
writing a Debian Samba-LDAP howto. I'm still waiting for it to get my
Samba setup working against LDAP. I'm still back at the tdb level, which
wouldn't be a problem in my immediate environment, if was actually
working properly! Perhaps someone else can help you, or you can try the
CUPS site (www.cups.org). They also have a discussion forum that may be
helpful.

Good luck!