[Samba] Win98 profiles are not loaded from Samba

Pinel Nutzer pinel.nutzer at gmx.de
Tue Oct 4 10:16:12 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have got a problem with the installation of SAMBA. As I am a beginner
in SAMBA installations, I hope somebody can help me. I use the SAMBA
version of SuSe 9.3 and I try to connect several Windows 98 clients to
the Samba server. My problem is:

1.  I have created a new Linux / Samba user.

2. I log on with this account on a Windows 98 client, then I install a
network drive and I log out. When logging out, the profile is transfered
to the samba server.

3. When I now log on from another client with this account, I can not
find any trace of that profile which was saved, although data was
transfered between Samba and the client: The networt drive does not
exist, the favourites in MSIE we not token, an the file "Eigene Dateien"
(private data) was not token.

I have tried out many things with control panel->user and control
panel->passwords, but this did not solve the problem.

I suppose that a simple configuration might be the problem, but I don't
know what that could be. It would be great, if anybody out there could
help me.

Thanks alot,

Benjamin