[Samba] large smb.conf file

Travis Knabe knabet at wou.edu
Mon Oct 3 22:53:12 GMT 2005

As a side note, the server is a SunFire E6900 with 8 dual core ultra IV procs and 32gigs of memory.  With 300 smbd processes the issue can send load avg's up to around 100 and we see small issues with people who are trying to log into the domain at the same time.  With 600 smbd processes running then the issue is obviously compounded.

During the rest of the time, the server doesn't even really feel samba.

We had not tried to use the "copy share" feature as suggested but will try that.

Thanks for the quick responses.

-Travis