[Samba] large smb.conf file

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Mon Oct 3 20:20:40 GMT 2005

I don't personally know of a way myself, but I think it would be of
great value to be able to remove the share definition from the main
smb.conf file, and maintain them in some sort of database.

It would at the very least minimize the startup time in reading the
configuration file but perhaps complicate smbd process startups by
requiring a db connection of some sort; this is admittedly above and
beyond my abilities to start/debug/design/debate, so I thought I might
just pass on the idea to the list.

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com